Mashed Potatoes with Herbs
- 3 large potatoes
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly chopped herbs (thyme, chives, sage or parsley)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- Peel potatoes and cut in half. Place potato halves in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or fork. Slowly add broth until desired consistency is reached.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Fold in sour cream and herbs.
81 calories (4g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 0g fat, 75mg sodium) per serving