Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces broccoli flowerets
- 1 red pepper, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 ounces shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Prepare jasmine rice as label directs; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add tofu and 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and cook 5 minutes or until heated through and golden, gently stirring frequently. Transfer tofu to plate; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Add broccoli and red pepper, and cook, covered, about 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup water with fish sauce, ginger, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Return tofu to skillet and add carrots. Stir in soy-sauce mixture and add to skillet; heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute, gently stirring. Stir in lime juice. Serve over rice.
425 calories (19g protein, 61g carbohydrate, 11g fat, 1011mg sodium) per serving