Vermicelli with Clam Sauce
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 12 ounces dried vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 ounces canned baby clams, undrained
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup finely chopped, fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook vermicelli until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and stir, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in clams, clam liquid and wine. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Drain vermicelli, and add to clam sauce. Toss over high heat until hot. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Toss with chopped parsley and serve.
493 calories (30g protein, 72g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 410mg sodium) per serving