Flounder with Lemon Sauce
Prep + Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 large lemons
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 6-ounce flounder fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- Bring sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Juice lemons and strain. Add half of sugar syrup to lemon juice. Gradually add more sugar syrup, until a pleasant balance of sweetness and tartness is reached. Cool to room temperature.
- Season flounder fillets with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add flounder and lower heat to medium. Cook until well-browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook 1 more minute.
- Serve flounder topped with lemon sauce.
260 calories (32g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 489mg sodium) per serving