Duck Breast with Honey and Spices
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds, coarsely ground
- ¼ teaspoon peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 duck breast
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat honey in a saucepan over high heat, 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly caramelized. Pour in vinegar and mix well. Add spices, reduce heat to low, then let sauce reduce, about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Make crosshatched incisions on duck. Season with salt then rub into the meat. Put meat, skin side down, in a skillet. Pour honey sauce over meat then cook in oven, about 8 minutes. Turn meat, then cook an another 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer duck to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Put slices on plates, spoon sauce over slices and serve.
210 calories (18g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 9g fat, 53mg sodium) per serving