Japanese Steamed Egg Custard (Chawanmushi)
- 3 large eggs
- 17 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Japanese crabsticks, sliced crosswise
- Preheat steamer to high heat.
- In a big bowl, break eggs and gently stir to avoid bubbles.
- Add water, soya sauce and salt and mix well.
- Divide mushrooms and crabsticks into 3 small bowls. Pour egg mixture into bowls.
- Cover each bowl with cling film and place in steamer.
- Reduce heat, and steam for 30 mins.
164 calories (13g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 565mg sodium) per serving