Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 22 Minutes
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cans boneless, skinless sardines, packed in olive oil, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve ˝ cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, break toast into 2-inch pieces and place in a food processor. Process into coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and sauté 1 minute. Add sardines and cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water, and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat, add parsley and 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs, and toss to combine.
- Transfer spaghetti to individual plates and top with remaining bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
440 calories (31g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 13g fat, 525mg sodium) per serving