Vegetable & Chicken Fried Rice
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 28 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup corn
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups smoked chicken, cubed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat a skillet over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil, red onion and stir-fry 10 seconds. Add broccoli and corn and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until broccoli is bright green. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, rice and peas to skillet and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, separating rice with a metal spatula.
- Return broccoli and corn to wok. Add smoked chicken, chives, salt and pepper and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in lime zest and juice. Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
358 calories (18g protein, 52g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 971mg sodium) per serving