Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- ¾ cup chicken broth, divided
- ¾ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente. In a bowl combine half of broth and cornstarch.
- Heat a skillet over high heat until hot. Swirl in oil, garlic and shrimp and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp just begin to turn pink. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes and remaining chicken broth a few tablespoons at a time and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, adding a few more tablespoons of broth as the mixture becomes dry. Return shrimp to skillet, adding salt and pepper. Restir broth mixture before adding to wok. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp and vegetables are cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Divide fettuccine among 4 plates and top with shrimp mixture.
397 calories (33g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 488mg sodium) per serving