Pan-Seared Swordfish with Tomatoes and Capers
Prep + Cooking Time: 26 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1½-inch thick swordfish steaks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 small dried chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add swordfish; cook until browned on all cut sides, about 2 minutes each side, sprinkling steaks with salt and pepper. Remove steaks to a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium; add garlic, capers and chiles. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice and bring mixture to a boil. Gently slide swordfish back into sauce; cook, turning once, until tender and just opaque in the thickest part when cut with a knife, about 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
345 calories (33g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 19g fat) per serving