Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- Combine chicken, ginger, curry powder and garlic in a bowl; toss well to coat. Let marinate.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, peanuts, sugar and fish sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and chicken is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve over freshly cooked jasmine rice.
396 calories (39g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 23g fat) per serving