Prep + Cooking Time: 29 Minutes
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Toss shrimp with lime juice, salt and pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Process garlic, tomatoes and chipotle chile in food blender until smooth.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic mixture; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp with marinade and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes; stir in oregano. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
226 calories (28g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 9g fat) per serving