- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan heat butter. Add onion and saute until tender and golden. Reduce heat and slowly add flour, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Heat milk in microwave for 1 minute. Using a small wire whisk, add heated milk to curry mixture slowly, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Add pepper and cook over low heat, stirring, for 10 minutes.
48 calories (2g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fat, 28mg sodium) per serving