- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh lemongrass
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Lime wedges
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into thin slices. In a bowl, toss chicken with soy sauce and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add half of the chicken and cook, stirring constantly, just until opaque, about 1 minute. Remove chicken to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and green beans. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables to chicken.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Increase heat to medium and add ginger, lemongrass, coriander, cumin and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer 1 minute. Stir in chicken and vegetables; simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in basil. Serve over rice with lime wedges.
356 calories (26g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 24g fat) per serving