Creamy Cauliflower Chowder
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute onions and corn in butter until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, zucchini, thyme, salt and white pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk flour into water until well blended. Add to pot along with milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, 20 minutes. Add basil and lemon juice, and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer soup in thirds to a food processor bowl and pulse so that soup is slightly pureed with bits of vegetable remaining. Ladle into soup bowls and serve.
126 calories (7g protein, 21g carbohydrate, 3g fat, 447mg sodium) per serving