Cinnamon Ginger Applesauce
- 4 large apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apples, water, sugar, lemon juice, ginger, lemon zest and cinnamon into saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, partially cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Mash with potato masher or fork and cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes longer until thick.
121 calories (1g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 0.5g fat, 4mg sodium) per serving