Greek-Style Pasta Toss
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 16 ounces fusilli or corkscrew pasta
- 1 can tuna in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1¼ cups roasted red peppers, drained, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat large saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook.
- Meanwhile, drain tuna, reserving 1 tablespoon oil. Set tuna aside.
- In skillet, heat reserved oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper, and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add roasted red peppers, olives, capers, and drained tuna, and cook 1 minute, stirring gently to break up tuna chunks.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta to saucepot. Add tuna mixture, pasta cooking water, and parsley; toss well.
560 calories (27g protein, 90g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 680mg sodium) per serving