Crispy Baked Cod With Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1¼ cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets, pin bones removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Mixed greens (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes to a large pot of water, and bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic.
- Place fillets on prepared baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly onto fillets, pressing lightly to adhere to fillets. Drizzle evenly with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven until breadcrumbs are golden and cod is barely opaque in thickest part, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Add milk and mash over low heat until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Divide mashed potatoes and fillets among plates and serve with mixed greens, if desired.
347 calories (34g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 11g fat) per serving