Grilled Vegetable Sandwich With Mayonnaise and Cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 7" X 12" ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 cups packed baby arugula leaves
- Preheat stovetop grill pan to medium.
- Brush vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until tender and lightly charred, about 3 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a large plate. Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Tear out soft part of bread and discard. Spread cut sides of bread with mayonnaise. Layer each vegetable on bottom half of bread. Top with mozzarella and arugula. Replace top half of bread, mayonnaise side down. Cut into 6 sandwiches with a serrated knife.
417 calories (15g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 17g fat) per serving