Broccoli and Tofu Stir-Fry With Mushrooms
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 16-ounce firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch thick, 1½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the sherry, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, ginger, and sesame oil, and stir until sugar is dissolved. In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch in water, and add to sherry mixture, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, carrot, and bell pepper, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, and cook, stirring, another 1 minute.
- Add tofu and chives, and cook, stirring carefully, until heated through. Pour in sauce, stirring vegetables as sauce thickens. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
338 calories (15g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 10g fat, 721mg sodium) per serving