Roasted Vegetables and Ceps
- 2 large red peppers, cored and cut lengthwise
- 2 small eggplants, cut lengthwise
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 4 large tomatoes, quartered
- 8 medium ceps, cleaned
- 8 baby carrots
- 8 shallots, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the peppers, eggplants, squash, tomatoes, ceps, carrots, and shallots in an oven dish. Add ¼ cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in preheated oven until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place the roasted red peppers, remaining ¼ cup olive oil, remaining 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and juices from the roasted vegetables in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer pepper puree to a serving platter, and top with roasted vegetables.
377 calories (7g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 25g fat, 213mg sodium) per serving