Green Beans With Lemon-Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 quarts water
- 1 pound fresh haricot verts or french green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced shallot
- ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to water, and bring to a boil in a large pot. Add beans and cook until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and shallot, and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and squeeze the lemon through a small strainer into the pan. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, and whisk sauce together.
- When beans are cooked, drain and place in a serving bowl. Pour garlic-lemon sauce over beans, and toss to coat.
46 calories (1g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fat, 97mg sodium) per serving