Stir-Fried Vermicelli With Shrimp and Ham
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 ounces vermicelli or rice-flour noodles
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup low-sodium diced cooked ham
- Soak noodles in a bowl of hot water 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, chilli paste, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat ½ tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add garlic and shrimp and stir-fry until shrimp just turns pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Pour remaining 1 tablespoon oil into wok and swirl to coat. Add noodles and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Push to one side of the wok.
- Pour in egg and let set 30 seconds, then chop coarsely with spatula. Stir in mixed vegetables and ham, and toss to combine. Return shrimp to wok, pour in broth mixture and toss again to coat. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
319 calories (22g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 11g fat, 517mg sodium) per serving