Strawberry Lemon Cream Cake
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- ½ cup prepared lemon curd
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- Lemon-peel strips for garnish
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream and vanill; increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate frosting mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut pound cake horizontally into 3 even slices. Place bottom slice on platter; spread with half of lemon curd. Reserve ½ cup strawberries for garnish. Arrange half of remaining strawberries over lemon curd.
- Spread 1 side of each remaining pound-cake slice with jam. Place 1 pound-cake slice, jam side down, over strawberry-topped cake. Repeat with remaining lemon curd, strawberries and pound cake.
- Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, garnish cake with lemon peel and reserved strawberries. Use serrated knife to cut cake crosswise into slices.
260 calories (3g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 15g fat, 130mg sodium) per serving