- ¼ cup dry seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, peeled, pithed, sliced and seeded
- Rice (optional)
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish, and dredge chops in breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs firmly into pork.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and cook 3 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Transfer chops to a platter.
- To drippings in skillet, add water, 1½ tablespoons parsley, capers, and pepper, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add lemon slices. Remove from heat, and swirl in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until emulsified. Spoon mixture over chops, sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve with rice, if desired.
279 calories (25g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 19g fat) per serving