Striped Bass With Lime Butter
Prep + Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 6-ounce striped bass fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sprinkle fillets with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Rub lime zest over fish.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fish over, lower heat to medium-low, and cook 3 minutes longer, or until bass is almost cooked through. Transfer fillets to a plate.
- Add lime juice to skillet over high heat, and bring to a boil. When juice is reduced by half, remove skillet from heat and swirl in butter, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper, until emulsified.
- Divide fillets among plates, and spoon lime butter over fillets.
293 calories (32g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 17g fat) per serving