Warm Cheese Dip
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle wheat ale
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (8-ounce) packages shredded four-cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Assorted cut vegetables, for dipping
- In a large saucepan, bring ale and water to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the cheese and flour until evenly coated. Slowly whisk cheese mixture into ale mixture, until melted and smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Transfer to a fondue pot and serve with assorted cut vegetables for dipping.
138 calories (9g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 10g fat) per serving