- 1½ pounds extralean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup unsalted tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, eggs, onion, parsley, pepper, and salt. Form into 36 (1¼-inch) meatballs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the wine and tomato paste.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add meatballs, and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until brown on all sides.
- Pour tomato mixture over meatballs and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until tomato mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes. Add broth and sugar, and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes.
225 calories (30g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 9g fat, 262mg sodium) per serving