Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 slice uncooked bacon, diced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- Put bacon in a soup pot and heat over low heat. Add onion, celery and thyme, turn heat up to medium, and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Dice potatoes and add to soup pot with chicken broth. Simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add milk, peppers, chicken and dill and cook until the chicken is just cooked through. Remove thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
261 calories (22g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 903mg sodium) per serving