Fried Spicy Tofu
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch thick, 1½-inch cubes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, add tofu and broth. Set aside and let stand.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix together the flour, curry powder, dill, chili powder, and pepper. Remove tofu from broth, drain well and pat dry. Roll tofu pieces in flour mixture to coat all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place tofu pieces in hot oil, and fry until crisp and browned on all sides.
263 calories (16g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 15g fat, 639mg sodium) per serving