Asian Shrimp and Tofu Soup
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh ginger root, minced
- 6 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 8 ounces tofu, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute until lightly browned. Stir in the shrimp, and stir fry until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add tofu, and season with salt and pepper. Return to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir in cornstarch mixture into the soup and continue to simmer 1 minute longer. Add shrimp to soup and serve.
101 calories (10g protein, 4g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 877mg sodium) per serving