Seared Salmon with Mango Salsa
Prep + Cooking Time: 1 Hr 25 Minutes
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno chile pepper
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1-inch thick salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, toss together the mango, onion, bell pepper, parsley, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and jalapeno chile pepper. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine ¼ cup lemon juice and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place salmon in dish and turn to coat both sides. Cover and marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove fillets from marinade. Discard marinade. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear fillets, turning once, until just opaque, about 15 minutes. Transfer to platter and top with salsa.
254 calories (31g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 11g fat, 71mg sodium) per serving