Butternut Squash Soup
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Coat a large stockpot with cooking spray. Add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, squash, and carrots, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a food blender, purée soup. Transfer to bowls, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
212 calories (6g protein, 38g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 460mg sodium) per serving