Asian Soup with Shrimp Dumplings
Prep + Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- ½ pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- In a food blender, add shrimp, cilantro, and half of garlic, and pulse to combine. Dissolve cornstarch in water, add to shrimp mixture with soy sauce and oil. Pulse to combine. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat broth over high heat and add red-pepper flakes, and remaining garlic.
- Meanwhile, moisten hands and roll shrimp mixture into 12 balls while soup heats. Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer. Drop in dumplings, one at a time. Simmer 6 to 7 minutes.
137 calories (18g protein, 5g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 504mg sodium) per serving