Tomato Soup with Parmesan Cream
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes, halved
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add oregano and broth and bring to a boil quickly over high heat.
- Lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are completely soft, about 20 minutes.
- Blend Parmesan cheese and sour cream together and set aside.
- Puree the soup in a blender. Strain.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of Parmesan cream.
114 calories (6g protein, 16g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 271mg sodium) per serving