Indian Chicken Casserole
Category: Poultry & Eggs
Prep + Cooking Time: 1 Hr 15 Minutes
- 8 skinless chicken hindquarters (thighs and legs)
- 6 cups canned chickpeas, mashed
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¾ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 5½ ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lay chicken pieces over bottom of a 9" X 12" casserole dish. Evenly spread mashed chickpeas and baby carrots between and over chicken. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add sour cream, yogurt, tomato paste, chicken broth, and remaining ½ cup olive oil, stirring to mix. Add curry powder, ground cloves, and peas, and stir over low heat until mixture is well blended.
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Place casserole on the middle rack of preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
552 calories (42g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 20g fat) per serving