Slow Cooker Zucchini and Eggplant Casserole
- 8 ounces shredded, low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 jar (48-ounce) fat-free, low-sodium pasta sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch thick rounds
- Reserve ½ cup cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg whites, then in breadcrumb mixture. Layer in slow cooker, pouring ½ jar sauce over top. Spread evenly and sprinkle with half of remaining cheese.
- Repeat next layer using zucchini slices. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Top with reserved ½ cup cheese before last 15 minutes of cooking.
217 calories (15g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 345mg sodium) per serving