Slow-Cooker Beef Chili
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a 6-quart cooker, combine tomatoes, tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, oregano and garlic. Mix in the meat, onion, celery, and pepper. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in kidney beans, then cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro before serving.
242 calories (24g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 6g fat) per serving