Toasted Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread into 1½-inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, mix butter or margarine, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Spread the garlic mixture evenly on bread slices.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange slices and broil until slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Top slices with cheese and broil for another 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown. Serve immediately.
201 calories (7g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 9g fat, 375mg sodium) per serving