Roasted Chicken and Cheese Sandwich
- 1 (6-ounce) whole wheat sub roll, sliced lengthwise
- 1¼ cups sliced, boneless, skinless roasted chicken breast
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices Gruyère cheese
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with pepper to taste.
- Place rolls cut side down on baking sheet and broil for 30 seconds to crisp bread. Remove from broiler.
- Lay rolls cut side up. Scatter chicken evenly on one half of roll and place cheese on other half. Return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from broiler.
- Place lettuce leaves on top. Close sandwich and press down. Cut in half and serve immediately.
406 calories (33g protein, 37g carbohydrate, 14g fat, 586mg sodium) per serving