Deep Fried Oysters
Prep + Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for deep frying
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces shucked oysters, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge oysters in flour mixture, dip in egg then roll in bread crumbs.
- Slide oysters into preheated fryer. Cook in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes each time. Drain briefly on paper towels.
553 calories (10g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 45g fat, 798mg sodium) per serving