Sausage Skillet Lasagna
- ¾ pound Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- ¾ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups jarred tomato sauce
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute sausage over medium heat until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg white, mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread ¾ cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, and top with 2 noodles, long sides touching. Spoon 1/3 of sausage and 1/3 of cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat 2 more layers, beginning with 2 noodles, then ¾ cup tomato sauce, 1/3 of sausage, and 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Add the last 2 noodles over top layer; spread remaining ¾ cup sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Cover tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
499 calories (29g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 27g fat) per serving