Salmon with Coconut Curry
Prep + Cooking Time: 24 Minutes
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk, unshaken
- 4 (1¼-inch-thick) center-cut salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Scoop off top layer of thick coconut cream from open can of coconut milk and reserve.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. In a large, deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon, searing 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until browned but still rare in centers. Remove to a plate.
- Add shallots to drippings in skillet and saute 3 minutes. Add curry paste and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add bell pepper; simmer another 2 minutes.
- Return salmon to skillet and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is medium-rare. Spoon curry sauce and peppers into bowls and top with salmon and scallions. Spoon reserved coconut cream over salmon.
474 calories (35g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 34g fat) per serving