Cherries Jubilee with Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or brandy
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- 12 pitted cherries, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups cherries, wine, sugar, orange juice, and bourbon. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer cherries, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens to a syrupy consistency, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide yogurt among 4 dessert bowls. Spoon warm sauce and cherries over the yogurt. Top with remaining pitted cherries and serve immediately.
270 calories (5g protein, 58g carbohydrate, 2g fat) per serving