Roasted Red Snapper with Lemon and Oregano
Prep + Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 (1¼-pound) whole red snappers
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 slices lemon
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium-high and coat rack with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano, pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Make 3 shallow vertical slits along each side of fish and rub with remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Brush inside of fish with oil mixture and stuff with garlic and lemon slices.
- Grill fish 16 to 20 minutes, turning and basting twice with remaining oil mixture, until fish is golden brown and flesh turns opaque.
232 calories (38g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 620mg sodium) per serving