Cauliflower Soup with Grilled Shrimp
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 14½-ounce cans low-sodium vegetable broth
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons of the oil. When oil is hot, add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and coriander, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add broth to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until florets are tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Season shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Grill until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Puree soup in batches. Return to pot and stir in milk and remaining salt and pepper. Warm over medium heat until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with shrimp.
214 calories (23g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 580mg sodium) per serving