Salmon and Asparagus Spaghetti
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 dash red wine
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 8 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the salmon into a baking dish, season with tarragon and a dash of red wine. Cover and bake in preheated oven until salmon flakes with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti; cook for 2 minutes, then add in asparagus and cook until spaghetti is al dente.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms; cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, then pour in the wine, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cream.
- Drain spaghetti and asparagus, and transfer to the skillet. Flake salmon and mix in. Pour onto a serving dish, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over spaghetti, and serve.
408 calories (20g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 16g fat, 121mg sodium) per serving