Chicken Pot Pies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can white potatoes
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into four squares
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 4 small, oven-proof bowls with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in 2 cups chicken broth, and whisk in the flour, gradually adding the remaining chicken broth until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Mix in onion flakes, pepper, bay leaf, and carrots, and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes and chicken, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and water. Beat to mix well. Set aside.
- Divide the chicken mixture equally into the four bowls. Place a puff pastry square over the top of each bowl, pressing lightly around the rim to seal the edges. Brush pastry with the egg mixture.
- Place the bowls on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
773 calories (30g protein, 53g carbohydrate, 49g fat, 988mg sodium) per serving