- 4 cups firmly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ˝ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook spinach until tender. Remove spinach and drain well.
- In same skillet, heat thyme with oil, garlic, and onion and sauté until onion is transparent. Stir in flour and add broth, stirring continuously until mixture thickens.
- Return spinach to broth mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir half the chicken into spinach mixture. Remove from heat and spoon equal amounts in four small casseroles. Top each with remaining chicken and ˝ tablespoon grated lemon peel.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
219 calories (30g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 298mg sodium) per serving