Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- ground black pepper
- In a large pot, cook spaghetti pasta in salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add half of tomatoes and olives, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down. Add pasta to skillet. Stir in remaining tomatoes, oil, and basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
287 calories (10g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 243mg sodium) per serving